northern lights

northern lights
image

Monday 6 October 2014

Old memories mingled with new.


   Today  is our  55th  wedding anniversary. In this journey of       togetherness,we have faced many ups and downs, but we  always came out as  a winner. It was mainly  due to our trust, confidence and love for each other which  helped us  to cross all hurdles  successfully.
 I had written this post(husband exposed) two years ago.  The post has brought back old memories. I am sharing this with friends. The post was written some what in a humourous vein. Even now we remind each other of  those days, when we lived life to the fullest.
  Last night our children organised a surprise party for us. All our relatives were invited but both of us did not have any inkling.Thank you Deepak and Kavita; thank you Happy and Jyoti. Both of us were overwhelmed This gesture was most unexpected!


This photo was captured in 1959.  


















Hum dono(we ), with children and grand children


















 Though lot of change has come in our life, we are sailing together,due to our mutual regard for each other. For the last one year he has not been keeping fit. I pray to God that He  should give  him the strength to bear the  pain  and agony he  is suffering.








A husband's  qualities, if dissected,  will be reflected in the summary below:-

H   Humor/ Hot headed
U    Understanding/Ubiquitous
S     Simplicity/Sadist
B    Beck/Bug
A    Attentive/Arrogant
N    Naughty/Nutty
D    Docile/Dodgy 

Every woman will agree that her man possesses these qualities.in some measure  or other.The  difference in the proportion in which your man exhibits them  may  differ from man to man, but basically every man is the same.My husband  is also not different. He possesses  a  dual if not hydra- headed  personality. He depicts two distinct personalities,  one for public consumption and the other  reserved  specially  for me. He is an expert in  escapology and it is an arduous task to pin him down.  On such occasions  he can be compared to an escalator as he moves very fast and can wriggle out of any uncomfortable situation with ease. Many a time I have felt exasperated at his antics. After  more than half a century  of bonding with him ,I find him inscrutable if not unscrupulous.

 He has a vicarious sense of humor. He can laugh at himself and displays it publicly. I will give a small incident  which he has narrated umpteen times in the presence of others. On the last day in office , before retirement  ,while handing over charge, his  strong and sturdy revolving chair broke and he fell down resulting in wild laughter all around.He himself  had a hearty laugh and told his staff,"This chair does'nt want any one else to sit on it."
However in  the privacy of my company he is an entirely a different character. If I question why he is so serious  he quotes   a famous Russian  writer "If you  have a good wife you are blissful, otherwise you would  become a saint." I keep guessing whether he is blissful or is a saint!

His mood swings are  as unpredictable as weather. You never know when  he will flare up and when he will subside.If one thing pleases him one day, the same thing will annoy him the next day.Even the  Metrological Department will fail to predict   the vagaries of his mood. He is very fond of sleeping. He can drift into sleep without much  ado,  in any pose and any where. Sometimes it becomes very embarrassing especially  when guests are around and he  falls into deep slumber!


His  greatest asset is  procrastination.You may need something urgently or you need his assistance in performing an urgent  task.His  reply would  invariably be "Not now."For that matter, if you want to purchase some essentials for the household, the foregone conclusion is that he will  repeat his pet words,"not now."
Another  great 'quality'of  my dear husband  is  dodging  a matter,how so ever urgent it may be,  his pet  reply is, "I will do it."To a question,"when?"  he has no reply.That 'when' never comes.

A characteristic  behaviour  of my husband is that he loudly proclaims that he always allows me to have  my own way  but that way leads to no  where. He  also announces  ,"My madam has the last word," and that he is a yes man. But the truth only I know.
In spite of   all his idiosyncrasies and and eccentricities  mentioned above my husband is a gem of a person. He has,  as my grand daughter  states, "Silver in his hair and gold in his heart."There is a common saying,"Behind every successful man there is a woman," but in my case it is the opposite. Whatever I have achieved in my professional and personal life is  because of  the love, care, understanding and co operation on his part.I thank God  for giving me a husband, who is a companion in the real sense.I wish that he be my husband from birth to birth.



13 comments:

  1. Wish you a very happy anniversary ma'am! :) Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ushaji,

    You were married exactly on the day I was born! Nearly. I came into the world a little after midnight. :)

    God Bless you and grant you many many more days of joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ave , wish you a belated happy birthday. Thanks for your wishes.

      Delete
  3. Mom and dad you are the best couple in the couple in the world and an inspiration for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The love, affection and regard that we get from our children, is keeping us alive. and inspired. We are fortunate to have such loving and caring children. God bless you.

      Delete
  4. Happy anniversary dear Usha to you and your beloved husband. I have to laugh at your humour as I do not know how much of it is true and how much humour. I suspect a bit of both! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elly. The humour is all true.He was very lively in his younger days. Now due to illness, he is sleeping most of the time.

      Delete
  5. It is indeed wonderful to be married and together for 55 years. I can understand the ups and downs which are all part of a healthy marriage.
    Wish you many more happy years with him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary to u, ma'am and sir. You enjoyed a blissful life and many more to come. Lovely pics:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vishal. for your your best wishes.

      Delete
  7. Aww...Happy Anniversary Usha ji...May you celebrate many more years together...Wishing him good health and spirits...

    ReplyDelete