northern lights

northern lights
image

Monday 20 July 2015

That dreadful day!!


 #MondayMusings

It was 4th April  2015. It was like any other normal day. A to Z Challenge had started only three  days before. I went to bed at about 11 p.m. after completing my post for the next day. At 3'o clock I got up with a severe chest pain and sweating profusely. In spite  of the A/C, I was perspiring.I thought that my sugar level had dipped. I got up and swallowed a lemon drop.I did not lie down but sat on a chair. The chest pain lingered  on. It was playing hide and seek.Suddenly increasing and decreasing. I kept sitting.So many  thoughts came. I guessed it may be gastritis and took a tablet of  Digene.  Suddenly the pain increased.  I took a pillow and pressed  it against my chest. The pain  did  not subside, but became unbearable. The time was 5 am. I called my husband and told him about my pain. He immediately called Kavita, my daughter in law. Within minutes she called the doctor,our neighbour, My daughter, Jyoti, who is a doctor, was informed. Another doctor was summoned from a  nearby Nursing Home, who arrived with an ECG apparatus. I did not know what was happening. An ambulance was also called. (Later on I was told that my pulse was only 30)
      It was raining heavily when I was transferred into the ambulance. At the Hospital ,without any delay, I was taken to the operation theatre. Perhaps there  was blockage in two arteries. During surgery  Jyoti was by my side.My son and son in law, both were out of station. Kavita informed them. Both of them reached by the first available flight. Both the girls  managed  every thing efficiently according to the urgency of the situation.  I was in the hospital for for four or five days. By the grace of  God, I am hale and hearty. Every thing was handled efficiently due to the presence of mind of my husband and  providing immediate medical attention by Kavita and Jyoti. God bless them !!     
                               
                                                          
 Written for # Write Tribe Monday Musings  20th July 2015. My topic is 'That dreadful day !!'



4 comments:

  1. Usha Ma'am we are happy that your are fine. You are such a strong lady and it's a reminder that I should take care of my health, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vishal, you must take care of your health.

      Delete
  2. OMG! That must have been one scary morning! Glad that you got timely medical assistance all because of your loving family. Wishing you good health and happiness always! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shilpa for your wishes..You are always been a great support.

      Delete