northern lights

northern lights
image

Thursday 19 November 2015

3 wordwednesday454


Enigmatic, adjective: difficult to interpret or understand; mysterious.

Faulty, adjective: working badly or unreliably because of imperfections, (of reasoning and other mental processes) mistaken or misleading because of flaws, having or displaying weaknesses.

Grovel, verb: lie or move abjectly on the ground with one's face downward, act in an obsequious manner in order to obtain someone's forgiveness or favor.

There is a  Krishna  temple near my house. I have been visiting this temple daily  for the last thirty years. I remember  a woman.who seemed to be in her early thirties, sitting on a small rug. She looked haggard, with unkempt hair and dirty gents kurta with patches of different colors stitched on it.I was ten years old.
  Today I am forty and the woman must be around sixty, continues to be as enigmatic and perplexing as ever. Previously people never bothered about her.Now she was a hot topic for discussion. Without knowing anything they titled her faulty. One day when  I entered the park. I was stunned to see a crowd around her. I hurried and enquired about her. I saw that she was grovelled,as if she was about to apologise.I made her sit,but she leaned on my  arms and took out a crushed paper and kept in my hand.  I noticed it was some address. In a faint voice she  said, 'Leave me here.' I took her  to the address. The gaurd  at the gate shouted in a loud  and excited tone,'Senior Ma'am has come back'.

The next part will be completed.
Written for 3wordwednesday454
















































1 comment: